Professional quality wherever you record.
You don’t need to have a million-dollar studio to sell a lot of records. Bruce Springsteen’s Nebraska was recorded in a hotel room. Bon Iver’s For Emma, Forever Ago was tracked at a cabin in the woods. And can you guess where Bob Dylan’s The Basement Tapes was produced? The AudioBox 22VSL delivers professional-caliber 24-bit, 96 kHz audio quality in a rugged, compact enclosure, allowing you to create your next hit whether your studio is in your home or in your backpack.
Perfect for guitarists, singer / songwriters, and podcasters.
The AudioBox 22VSL’s two front-panel combo mic/instrument inputs make it a great choice for a singer/songwriter or for a couple of guitarists who want to collaborate or jam. A mix control blends the input signal with the computer playback stream for zero-latency monitoring so you can overdub new tracks without hearing annoying delays. With its MIDI I/O, you can connect the AudioBox 22VSL to keyboards, sound modules, and control surfaces. These features make the AudioBox 22VSL a simple, affordable, mobile solution for podcasting, recording sermons, and teaching music, too!
World-class recording software included.
Seamlessly integrated with the included PreSonus Studio One® 3 Artist DAW, the AudioBox 22VSL interface works with virtually all Mac and Windows audio-recording software. Built by creative people for creative music production, Studio One 3 is easy to learn and enables you to compose, record, and produce your masterpiece without getting distracted by the tools. Studio One also enjoys a robust online community of enthusiastic and helpful users you can turn to for advice.
- 2 dual-purpose front-panel input channels, each with:
- Combo XLR mic and balanced ¼" instrument input
- Class A XMAX mic / instrument preamp
- Individual channel-trim controls with 0 to +35 dBu mic gain range
- 2 balanced ¼” main (L/R) line outputs
- 1 stereo ¼” headphone output with level control
- MIDI In/Out
- 1 USB 2.0 port
Meters, Controls, and Features
- 48V phantom power for condenser microphones (global)
- Mixer control (blends the input signal with the computer playback stream for zero-latency monitoring)
- Main-output level control
- Power/USB sync LED
- LED clip indicator for each channel
- Mix, adjust input and playback-returns levels, and add effects and signal processing from your laptop or other computer
- 24-bit resolution and 44.1, 48, 88.2, and 96 kHz sampling rate
- Professional-grade A/D/A converters (+114 dBu dynamic range)
- Zero-latency analog monitoring with playback/input Mix control knob
- Mac®- and Windows®-compatible, including Mac OS X 10.7 Lion and Windows 7
- Supports ASIO, Core Audio, Direct Sound (Windows XP), Windows Audio Session API (Windows Vista and Windows 7)
- 1/3U rack-mountable (screw-mount to standard rack tray, not included)
- Road-rugged construction with all-metal chassis and metal knobs
- Weighs just 1.6 lb. (0.7 kg)
- Powered via USB bus—no wall wart!
- Studio One® Artist license included, PreSonus’ revolutionary digital audio workstation for Mac and Windows, with unlimited track count and 2 GB content